Cavill Cast for Upcoming Superman MoviePosted: February 1, 2011
The latest news, British actor, Henry Cavill, has been cast as the DC legend that is, Superman, in the upcoming Superman reboot. Cavill, who starred in such movies as Watchmen, and 300, also auditioned for the role of Batman in Batman Begins, along with being considered for the role of Bond in the blockbuster hit, Casino Royale. He is currently in Tarsem Singh’s “Immortals“, playing Theseus, a greek warrior who takes on Mythological Gods, including Zeus and Poseidon.
Warner Bros. claim they are trying to make Superman as “contemporary as possible“, stating that although different to previous actors portraying Superman, i.e. Christopher Reeves, Brandon Routh, Cavill is “big and strong, and has a very modern feel to him“. Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Inception) will be directing the movie, which is already a brilliant start to this sure hit reboot, which will be released some time in 2012. I’m sure this is a movie that everyone will be talking about.
By Manpreet Singh
- Henry Cavill Cast As Superman In Zack Snyder’s Reboot (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Henry Cavill As Superman: To The Fortress Of Photoshop! (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Henry Cavill cast as Superman (guardian.co.uk)
- Across The Pond: Brit Henry Cavill To Play Superman (crushable.com)
- British actor cast as Superman (arts.nationalpost.com)