Superman Update: Viggo Mortensen is General Zod?Posted: March 1, 2011
So, the latest on the upcoming Superman reboot is that Viggo Mortensen (The Lord Of The Rings), will be playing villain, General Zod. Although director, Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) denied reports that Zod would be the main villain in the upcoming movie, reports had it that actresses Alice Eve, Diane Kruger, and Rosamund Pike were all being considered for the role of Ursa, a member of the trio of criminals led by Zod.
Recent reports are now strongly suggesting that Mortensen is first in line to be cast for the role of Zod, but although being highly considered for the role, Mortensen and Snyder are yet to meet one another. Who knows what will happen. Personally from movies I’ve seen with Mortensen in, I respect him as an actor, and if he were to be chosen, it would be interesting to see how he portrays the character of Zod, particularly in comparison to the portrayal in Superman II from actor, Terence Stamp.
Stay tuned for the latest news and info.
By Manpreet Singh
- Viggo Mortensen May Play General Zod in Superman Reboot | Shockya.com (crooked-kitty.com)
- Superman Reboot Targeting Viggo Mortensen For General Zod Role? (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Viggo Mortensen wanted for General Zod in Superman reboot (filmonic.com)
- Viggo Mortensen A ‘Person Of Interest’ To Play ‘Superman’ Villain General Zod (slashfilm.com)
- Superman Director Wants Aragorn to Be His Villain (escapistmagazine.com)
- Viggo Mortensen Pegged As Possible Zod For ‘Superman’ (mtv.com)
- Viggo Mortensen to Play General Zod in SUPERMAN? (geektyrant.com)