Although the actual film is scheduled to be released in June 2013, almost all of the roles are already taken for the new reboot of Superman.
Laurence Fishburne is the newest addition as the Daily Planet Editor-in-chief, Perry White.
I’m a little bit confused to the casting, he is a brilliant actor, but I do not think he suits this role at all. I always imagine the Daily Planet Editor-in-chief to be quite a nervous person, and lacking confidence. Laurence can do much stronger roles than this. However he is cast now.
Lets just hope this Superman reboot lives to expectations. Directed by Zack Snyder, Man of Steel is set to hit cinema screens on the 14th June, 2013 in the US, and will star Henry Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, with the character of Jor-El to be played by Russell Crowe.
Source: Digital Spy
- Superman Reboot’s Perry White To Be Played By Laurence Fishburne (screenrant.com)
- Laurence Fishburne to play Perry White in MAN OF STEEL (geektyrant.com)
- Laurence Fishburne cast as Perry White in ‘Man of Steel’ – EXCLUSIVE (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Perry White in Man of Steel (eonline.com)
Recent news has it that Russell Crowe is in final talks to play Superman’s biological father, Jor-El, in the Superman reboot, Man of Steel. Producer of the upcoming reboot, Christopher Nolan, has reportedly been looking for an A-List actor to play the role of Superman’s father, with Crowe fitting the character brilliantly. Fans of the original Superman movie will know that Marlon Brando, played Jor-El, in a quick, cameo appearance.
Although many people didn’t enjoy the latest Superman installment, Superman Returns, starring Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey, I quite enjoyed the movie as a whole, with its interesting storyline, good acting, and brilliant special effects. However, Man of Steel, definitely sounds like a promising and exciting project, and with Christopher Nolan and Zak Snyder behind the movie, along with an impressive cast, this definitely seems like one movie to watch out for.
Along with Crowe, Man of Steel, being directed by Zak Snyder (Watchmen, 300),will have Henry Cavill as Superman/Kent, Kevin Costner as Daddy Kent, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane. It is expected to hit cinema screens in the US sometime in December of 2012.
By Manpreet Singh
- Russell Crowe up for Jor-El in Zack Snyder’s ‘Man of Steel’ (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- Russell Crowe to Play Jor-El in MAN OF STEEL (collider.com)
- Russell Crowe to play Jor-El in Snyder’s MAN OF STEEL? (geektyrant.com)
So, the latest on the upcoming Superman reboot is that Viggo Mortensen (The Lord Of The Rings), will be playing villain, General Zod. Although director, Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) denied reports that Zod would be the main villain in the upcoming movie, reports had it that actresses Alice Eve, Diane Kruger, and Rosamund Pike were all being considered for the role of Ursa, a member of the trio of criminals led by Zod.
Recent reports are now strongly suggesting that Mortensen is first in line to be cast for the role of Zod, but although being highly considered for the role, Mortensen and Snyder are yet to meet one another. Who knows what will happen. Personally from movies I’ve seen with Mortensen in, I respect him as an actor, and if he were to be chosen, it would be interesting to see how he portrays the character of Zod, particularly in comparison to the portrayal in Superman II from actor, Terence Stamp.
Stay tuned for the latest news and info.
By Manpreet Singh
- Viggo Mortensen May Play General Zod in Superman Reboot | Shockya.com (crooked-kitty.com)
- Superman Reboot Targeting Viggo Mortensen For General Zod Role? (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Viggo Mortensen wanted for General Zod in Superman reboot (filmonic.com)
- Viggo Mortensen A ‘Person Of Interest’ To Play ‘Superman’ Villain General Zod (slashfilm.com)
- Superman Director Wants Aragorn to Be His Villain (escapistmagazine.com)
- Viggo Mortensen Pegged As Possible Zod For ‘Superman’ (mtv.com)
- Viggo Mortensen to Play General Zod in SUPERMAN? (geektyrant.com)
The latest news, British actor, Henry Cavill, has been cast as the DC legend that is, Superman, in the upcoming Superman reboot. Cavill, who starred in such movies as Watchmen, and 300, also auditioned for the role of Batman in Batman Begins, along with being considered for the role of Bond in the blockbuster hit, Casino Royale. He is currently in Tarsem Singh’s “Immortals“, playing Theseus, a greek warrior who takes on Mythological Gods, including Zeus and Poseidon.
Warner Bros. claim they are trying to make Superman as “contemporary as possible“, stating that although different to previous actors portraying Superman, i.e. Christopher Reeves, Brandon Routh, Cavill is “big and strong, and has a very modern feel to him“. Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Inception) will be directing the movie, which is already a brilliant start to this sure hit reboot, which will be released some time in 2012. I’m sure this is a movie that everyone will be talking about.
By Manpreet Singh
- Henry Cavill Cast As Superman In Zack Snyder’s Reboot (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Henry Cavill As Superman: To The Fortress Of Photoshop! (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Henry Cavill cast as Superman (guardian.co.uk)
- Across The Pond: Brit Henry Cavill To Play Superman (crushable.com)
- British actor cast as Superman (arts.nationalpost.com)